Information on Diploma Supplement (DS):
What it is Not?
- It is not a Curriculum Vitae,
- It is not a diploma or transcript,
- It is not an automatic system that guarantees recognition.
For students, the DS offers:
- A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad,
- A precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during the study period,
- An objective description of their achievements and competencies,
- Easier access to opportunities of work or further studies abroad,
- It fosters their employability.
For higher education institutions, the benefits are:
- It facilitates academic and professional recognition, thus increasing the transparency of qualifications,
- It protects national/institutional autonomy while offering a common frame which is accepted all over Europe,
- It promotes informed judgements about qualifications that can be understood in another educational context,
- It raises the visibility of the institution abroad,
- It promotes the employability of their graduates at national and international level,
- It helps to save time since it provides the answers to a lot of recurrent questions put to administrative services in institutions about the content and portability of diplomas.